How Are Videos Effective For Social Media?
In recent years, video content has exploded over social media. Be it Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube, social channels are highly video-focused these days. All these platforms have millions of users—all of them contributing immensely towards video traffic.
Let some numbers speak for themselves:
- 85% of all internet users in the US consume online videos monthly on any of the devices they have.
- 87% of marketing professionals leverage video content as a marketing tool.
- 73% of consumers say that a brand’s social media presence has influenced their buying decision.
Given the increasing consumption of video content on social media, brand marketers are left with no choice but to leverage its power to make an impact on their potential consumers. Since we already live in an attention-scarce world, video marketing enables brand marketers to communicate their messages more effectively in a short time.
Here’s how videos can prove a highly impactful way of boosting social media presence:
- Reaching a wider audience: From the numbers above, it’s clear that the use of videos is on the rise. Millennials, for example, are deeply engrossed in their social networks and avidly view diverse video content. By leveraging video content on social media, brand marketers can tap into this huge market and fulfil their entertainment and interaction-hungry audience.
- Generate more engagement: Videos have the power to grab people’s attention and hook them on till the end of the message. A simple social media video can generate incredible amounts of shares as compared to text or image-based posts. Not to forget, merely including the word “video” in an email subject line can push up click-through rates significantly.
- Gets traffic soaring: When it comes to attracting more traffic to a brand’s website, videos will always take the centre stage. Videos tend to rank higher on search engine results pages and boost visibility of the business in the online space. Marketers who leverage videos are more likely to grow their revenue than those who don’t fancy such content. At the same time, videos can boost landing page conversions and sessions-per-time metrics, adding value to consumers’ online experience.
As such, brand marketers should use video content on social media to deep-seat a positive brand perception in the mind of the audience. A video that’s well-designed, informative and entertaining evokes the necessary emotions, builds trust, and tickles the audiences’ fancy in the best way.